How to Subscribe
How do I subscribe?
The easiest and quickest way to subscribe is through our website at AmericanRepertoryTheater.org/Subscribe:
- Log in or create an account
- Select the type of subscription you want
- Select how many seats you want to every performance
- Select your productions and performances*
- For each production, select a performance and add it to your package
- After you have added the minimum number of productions, add your package to the cart
- Your seats will be automatically assigned at the end of your order
- Review your selections
- Complete payment
*Only productions and performances listed are available for purchase. If a production or performance is not listed, it cannot be purchased as a part of a subscription.
Ticket Services will not be open for in-person sales. Support will be available via web chat (desktop computers only) and by phone at 617.547.8300. If you are unable to reach us over the phone, please leave us a message and we will return your call in the order in which it was received.
Which shows can be part of a subscription?
Subscriptions consist of three or more of the following productions:
- Ayodele Casel: Chasing Magic
- Macbeth In Stride
- WILD: A Musical Becoming
- Ocean Filibuster
These shows are not available as part of a subscription:
- The Arboretum Experience, which is free and open to the public
- Phoenix Rising
- Jack and the Beanstalk: A Musical Adventure
Additional programming, including our virtual events, are not available as part of a subscription.
How much do subscriptions cost?
Subscriptions are priced depending on which productions you select, as follows:
- 3-Play Preview Experience: $99 – $111
- 4-Play Preview Experience: $132 – $144
- 5-Play Preview Experience: $177
- 3-Play Choose-Your-Own Experience: $165 – 190
- 4-Play Choose-Your-Own Experience: $220 – $245
- 5-Play Total Experience: $275
How do I access the subscription presale?
The subscription presale begins on July 29 at 12PM ET and is open to: 2019/20 Season subscribers; donors; current 1776 and Macbeth In Stride ticket holders (postponed from 2020); and Spring Celebration attendees.
You can still access the subscription presale by making a donation of any amount before subscriptions go on sale to the public on August 10 at 12PM ET. It may take up to an hour for your account to gain access. Note: it may take up to an hour after donating for your account to gain access to the presale.
What are the benefits of subscribing?
Subscribers receive the best seats at the best prices to their chosen productions and can exchange their tickets up to 24 hours in advance for free, given availability (see our Ticket Exchange Policy).
Subscribers can also buy additional single tickets at a discount to subscription-eligible productions the day after purchasing their subscription.
Can I choose my seats?
Your seats will be automatically assigned at the end of your order and you will receive the best seats available in the performances you choose. However, you can request specific seats (e.g. aisle, side) in the Seating Request field before completing your purchase. Our Ticket Services team will do their best to honor each request and will contact you when your order details are confirmed.
Where are my seats?
How do I purchase additional tickets after I get a subscription?
Subscribers can buy additional single tickets at a discount to subscription-eligible productions the day after purchasing their subscription.
Will my 2019/20 subscription be automatically renewed?
No, 2019/20 subscribers will not be automatically subscribed into 2021/22 programming. They do, however, have access to the subscription presale, which begins on July 29 at 12PM ET.
What do I do if I need accommodations for an accessibility need?
We reserve areas of the theater to accommodate patrons who require accessible seating. When purchasing a subscription online, please request specific seating in the Seating Request field before completing your purchase. Our Ticket Services team will contact you to confirm when your request is complete. If you are unable to order online, please email your request to TicketServices@amrep.org or leave a voicemail request at 617.547.8300 and our team will contact you to complete your subscription.
How do I arrange to sit with friends when purchasing a subscription?
There are two ways to be seated near friends when you are purchasing a subscription:
- If you and your friend are purchasing subscriptions separately, input your friend’s name and email address in the Seating Request field before completing your purchase and we will do our best to seat your party together.
- If you are purchasing more than one subscription for you and your friend in a single order, input your friend’s name and email address in the Seating Request field before completing your purchase so they can all receive communications about their tickets.
Will my tickets be mailed to me?
To promote the health and vitality of our planet, our organization, and each other, we are replacing paper tickets with digital ones moving forward. Your digital tickets will be sent to you via email approximately one week before your performance.
We encourage you to join us in our movement towards paperless ticketing. However, if you do not have a smartphone or are otherwise unable to use digital ticketing, please contact Ticket Services at TicketServices@amrep.org to arrange an accommodation.
I do not want a subscription. Are single tickets available?
Single tickets will be available to each performance, available on a rolling basis. Public access dates are as follows:
- The Arboretum Experience is free and open to the public
- Ayodele Casel: Chasing Magic: Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 12PM ET
- Macbeth In Stride: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 12PM ET
- Phoenix Rising: Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 12PM ET
- WILD: A Musical Becoming: Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 12PM ET
- Jack and the Beanstalk: A Musical Adventure: Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 12PM ET
- Ocean Filibuster: Thursday, December 16, 2021 at 12PM ET
- 1776: Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 12PM ET
For Ticket Holders of Postponed Shows
These questions and answers apply to patrons who have tickets to 1776 and/or Macbeth In Stride performances that were postponed from 2020.
When should I expect information about my new tickets?
Your tickets to 1776 and/or Macbeth In Stride will be automatically reticketed, and you will receive an email with details about your performance times prior to July 29. At that time, you will have the opportunity to exchange your tickets for another date(s).
If you do not receive information, please reach out to Ticket Services at TicketServices@amrep.org.
What do I do if I want to subscribe this year?
On July 29 you will receive tailored information via email about your 2021/22 subscription options that include your existing tickets, which will be available for purchase online. Your access to the subscription presale begins on July 29 at 12PM ET.
No action is needed if you only want to retain your tickets to 1776 and/or Macbeth In Stride.
Do I have to subscribe to get additional tickets to these shows?
You can upgrade your A.R.T. experience by purchasing a subscription that includes your existing tickets to 1776 and/or Macbeth In Stride. As a benefit of subscribing, you can purchase additional single tickets the day after purchasing your subscription.
Otherwise, additional single tickets will be available at a later date.
I am concerned about COVID-19. Will you be requiring masks, social distancing, and/or proof of vaccination?
Audience, artist, and staff safety is A.R.T.’s top priority. We are taking many steps to protect against COVID-19 as we reopen our theater based on current disease dynamics and CDC, state, and Harvard guidelines.