How to Subscribe
How do I subscribe?
The easiest and quickest way to subscribe is through our website at AmericanRepertoryTheater.org/Subscribe:
- Log in or create an account
- Select the type of subscription you want
- Select how many seats you want to every performance
- Select your productions and performances*
- For each production, select a performance and add it to your package
- After you have added the minimum number of productions, add your package to the cart
- Your seats will be automatically assigned at the end of your order
- Review your selections
- Complete payment
*Only productions and performances listed are available for purchase. If a production or performance is not listed, it cannot be purchased as a part of a subscription.
Ticket Services will be open with limited staff for in-person sales. Support will be available via web chat (desktop computers only) and by phone at 617.547.8300. If you are unable to reach us over the phone, please leave us a message and we will return your call in the order in which it was received.
Which shows can be part of a subscription?
Subscriptions consist of three or more of the following productions:
- Twilight: Los Angeles, 1992
- Life of Pi
- The Wife of Willesden
Additional programming, including our virtual events, are not available as part of a subscription.
How much do subscriptions cost?
Subscriptions are priced depending on which productions you select, as follows:
- 3-Play Preview Experience: $99 – $111
- 4-Play Preview Experience: $144
- 3-Play Combo Experience: $131
- 3-Play Choose-Your-Own Experience: $175 – $195
- 4-Play Total Experience: $230
How do I access the subscription presale?
Subscriptions will be available on a rolling basis:
- Tuesday, June 14 at 2PM ET: $2,500+ Members
- Tuesday, June 21 at 12PM ET: $250+ Members
- Friday, June 24 at 12PM ET: 2019/20 and 2021/22 Subscribers
- Thursday, June 30 at 12PM ET: $75+ Members
- Thursday, July 14 at 12PM ET: Public access
You can still access the subscription presale by making a donation of any amount before subscriptions go on sale to the public on July 14 at 12PM ET. Note: it may take up to an hour after donating for your account to gain access to the presale.
What are the benefits of subscribing?
Subscribers receive the best seats at the best prices to their chosen productions and can exchange their tickets up to 24 hours in advance for free, given availability (see our Ticket Exchange Policy).
In addition, subscribers can also buy additional single tickets at a discount to subscription-eligible productions the day after purchasing their subscription.
Subscribers also receive presale access to purchase a subscription to the next season before the general public.
Do you have a calendar of performances?
A PDF calendar of the performance schedule is below (click to open in a new window). Alternatively, an interactive calendar is available at AmericanRepertoryTheater.org/Calendar.
Please note: Program details are published in good faith, but changes may occasionally occur.
Can I choose my seats?
Your seats will be automatically assigned at the end of your order and you will receive the best seats available in the performances you choose. However, you can request specific seats (e.g. aisle, side) in the Seating Request field before completing your purchase. Our Ticket Services team will do their best to honor each request and will contact you when your order details are confirmed.
Where are my seats?
How do I purchase additional tickets after I get a subscription?
Subscribers can buy additional single tickets at a discount to subscription-eligible productions the day after purchasing their subscription.
Will my 2021/22 subscription be automatically renewed?
No, 2021/22 subscribers will not be automatically subscribed into 2022/23 programming. They do, however, have access to the subscription presale, beginning on on July 24 at 12PM ET.
What do I do if I need accommodations for an accessibility need?
We reserve areas of the theater to accommodate patrons who require accessible seating. When purchasing a subscription online, please request specific seating in the Seating Request field before completing your purchase. Our Ticket Services team will contact you to confirm when your request is complete. If you are unable to order online, please email your request to TicketServices@amrep.org or leave a voicemail request at 617.547.8300 and our team will contact you to complete your subscription.
How do I arrange to sit with friends when purchasing a subscription?
There are two ways to be seated near friends when you are purchasing a subscription:
- If you and your friend are purchasing subscriptions separately, input your friend’s name and email address in the Seating Request field before completing your purchase and we will do our best to seat your party together.
- If you are purchasing more than one subscription for you and your friend in a single order, input your friend’s name and email address in the Seating Request field before completing your purchase so they can all receive communications about their tickets.
Will my tickets be mailed to me?
To promote the health and vitality of our planet, our organization, and each other, we are replacing paper tickets with digital ones moving forward. Your digital tickets will be sent to you via email approximately one week before your performance.
We encourage you to join us in our movement towards paperless ticketing. However, if you do not have a smartphone or are otherwise unable to use digital ticketing, please contact Ticket Services at TicketServices@amrep.org to arrange an accommodation.
I do not want a subscription. Are single tickets available?
Single tickets will be available to each performance, available on a rolling basis. Public access dates are as follows:
- Twilight: Los Angeles, 1992: Thursday, July 14, 2022 at 12PM ET
- Life of Pi: Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 12PM ET
- Phoenix Rising: Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 12PM ET
- Evita: Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 12PM ET
I am concerned about COVID-19. Will you be requiring masks, social distancing, and/or proof of vaccination?
Audience, artist, and staff safety is A.R.T.’s top priority. We are taking many steps to protect against COVID-19 as we reopen our theater based on current disease dynamics and CDC, state, and Harvard guidelines.